JO Legacy Society is active and working on various initiatives:
- Looking for alumni and student volunteers to assist with digitizing JO records and photos. See the Contact Us page for more details on how you can use your skills to preserve JO’s rich history.
- Accepting memorabilia to add to our collections
- Changing the displays in the foyer every few weeks, showcasing JO Stories
- Updating activities on JO Legacy Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JohnOliverLegacySociety and John Oliver Alumni Facebook page
- Liaising with King George Secondary School and VSB Archives to share ideas and plans for the future – JO is one of two schools that have an extensive archive collection
- Planning to showcase our displays at some school events next year.
John Oliver is looking good with a fresh paint job and beautiful murals on the walls, created by students and our “Through The Decades” collage looks stunning in the main entrance.
Want to get involved in helping us honour the past to build for the future? Send us your stories and memorabilia or take a walk down memory lane by volunteering for JO Legacy Society to help preserve our history. Send us your reunion information and we’ll help advertise for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.